Thursday, June 28, 2007

DNA Authorization!

Just a quick update. We received word that the DNA test has been authorized by the US Embassy in Guatemala. This is step 25 in our time line found on the right hand side of the blog.

This is not a difficult hurdle, but a big one because it means that our lawyer is pushing our case through the different steps. This essentially means that a DNA test will be scheduled soon to ensure that Carmen's Birth Mother really is. This is one of the steps in the process that has helped eliminate corruption. I think it's just a swipe from inside the cheek, which are sent to a lab, no blood work. Also in most cases, the family court interview is conducted on the same day. This will all likely be scheduled, then we'll learn about it after the fact. Depending on where everyone lives and what their work schedules are like, it can be tuff to schedule that appointment.

I can imagine that this will be a difficult and emotional day for Carmen's Birth Mother, so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Once the match takes place, we'll be able to schedule our visit trip! Of course, that match could still be a month or two away, then another month to schedule the trip, so we're talking September as the most realistic time frame for our trip to meet our daughter in person.

I have nothing clever or witty to say - just a big smile today.

Here's to progress!!!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Step 25 needs a date Bud.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger GDS said...

Done!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger mel said...

Yay! Oh I dont know if I were you how I could manage just a "visit." I mean, I understand how much I'd want to see my new daughter, but at the same time, the leaving her behind after the visit would be heart wrenching. I'm so excited for you guys to be able to hold Carmen, though, in the near future. And I'll be praying for all the emotional stuff that will come with it to be easier than expected...for peace of mind, and heart. I can't wait to meet carmen myself. You'd better take lots and lots and lots of pictures (like I really think you wouldnt!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home