Thursday, June 07, 2007

Progress in Guatemala!!! and some links...

We have 2 updates straight from Guatemala City. Both great news!!!

First, we found out yesterday that our dossier is already in the process of being translated into Spanish. As you might imagine, this is necessary step to complete before our case can be reviewed by the various government agencies in Guatemala. This is a little early evidence that our lawyer there is really on top of his game.

Second, today we received our first medical update since the referral of Carmen.
She's now 10 lbs 1 oz and 22.5 inches! Getting so big already - she's gained almost 2 lbs and grown 1.5 inches.

We're hoping for pictures soon. I believe the doctor's office is located in the same building as the Bethany agency office, so the usually check in with both at the same time.

While I've got your attention, I want to point out some other adoption blogs that I read regularly. In reality, I read dozens of adoption related blogs - some by other adoptive parents, some by adoptees, some by birthparents. All of them inspire me, provide ideas, and insight.

But for now, I'm going to keep my links a little more light. The blogs I've linked to along the right are mostly adoptive parents. Some have brought their children home, some are in process, and some are both!

Oh, and don't miss the new link to Mission Guatemala, a site put together by one of the bloggers and a new friend with an adoption for an awesome little girl in progress. The work she and her organization do in Guatemala is truly amazing. I have great respect and admiration for those who serve the Lord in this way.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Erica said...

GOOD LUCK!!! I wish you a speedy process with very few (ideally, NONE) bumps in the road.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home