Saturday, July 07, 2007

It's going to be hard to sleep Sunday night

No real news this week - but I'm sure bureaucrats and lawyers spent some time shuffling papers and filing forms. Some of the more mundane parts of the legal process are not really sent to us as updates - more of the milestones. If 3 weeks pass with no milestone, they will give us a general status report though.

We are approaching 2 months since we received our referral for Carmen. This means we should receive a video of our little girl any day now. Honestly though, we're a just as anxious to receive more pictures, as we have not gotten any new ones since referral. In most cases, pictures are sent with medical updates, but that did not happen for us last month. Most likely, the timing just did not work out for Carmen's foster mom to visit the office after her checkup.

I really can't wait to see how she's grown and changed. A lot of people ask us how hard it is to not be able to watch CJ growing up as an infant. It is very difficult, but we are patient people (as if we had a choice) and have faith in those who are taking care of her.

Carmen's last checkup was on June 7th, so we're hoping that she either went to the doctor for her monthly visit yesterday (Friday) or will be going this coming Monday. That means pictures may already be en route, or will be sent early next week.

This is probably not my most elegantly written post, but I'm up later than I should be and just had to jot something down. With pictures on the way, I already know it's going to be hard to sleep Sunday night. Ugh.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Hang in there!! I've been thinking about you and checking for updates. They will come soon and you'll be together forever before you know it! Take care!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Tasha Kent said...

I'm not at the referral stage yet but just reading the anticipation and let down when not getting updates is really going to test my will. I hope I'll be as strong as you guys!

Keep the faith (or whatever hackeneyed cliche that is commonly used for situations like this)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home