Thursday, March 01, 2007

My little Philly

OK, so on to something a little less intense and certainly more fun. You must understand, that just like announcing a pregnancy, telling people you're adopting leads to lots of fun gifts and offers to borrow stuff. We already have been given or are borrowing a matching crib and changing table, some cloths, a car seat (that actually matches the interior of my pickup truck!), and few other items. Oh, and not to mention advice several free notarizations!

It's tuff to buy too many cloths at this point because we don't have the referal, and we don't really know for sure how big she'll be when she comes home. The best guess is that she'll be under a year old, so all shopping is not in vain!

So last week, the wife and her best friend spent the day browsing at baby stuff and she picked up a present for me. Yup, this is a present for me. I can't wear it, but I sure will show it off some day! Hanging next to it is my own Phillies hat - also a present a couple years ago (along with a trip to awesome Citizen's Bank Park)

Yah, that's a Phillies chearleader outfit. I know, there's no cherleaders in baseball, but heck - it's cute isn't it?

Anyone who knows me at all knows that I love baseball. I remember the Phillies winning the World Series in 1980, and losing it in 1983. Then I remember the total silence for 15 minutes amongst a dorm room full of friends after Joe Carter hit that home run off of Mitch Williams to win the series in '93. Mike Schmidt and Steve Carlton were my idols during the 80's. I cringe when I see Curt Schilling and Scott Rolen winning titles while the Phils keep missing the playoffs by 1 or 2 games! I sense hope with our current lineup of Ryan Howard and Chase Utley, and a rotation of Cole Hammels, Bret Myers, and Freddie Garcia. Can they win the division this year - you bet. Will I be taking my CJ to her first big league game summer of 2008? Absolutely!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger mel said...

awww. So cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home