Thursday, October 26, 2006

What's going on in that little brain

OK, I need to catch my breath a little. I've still got a few tidbits to share from the research I've done in the last couple of weeks, particularly as we weigh the 2 countries we're considering. I'll get to that later.


Melissa took all 3 animals to the vet yesterday - at the same time! Only once since we got Penny about 3 years ago have I caught them all hanging out close enough to get a picture. This was taken about a year ago.


Believe it or not, it's all part of the master strategy to get as much of our hectic lives in order as possible. Now that the pets are up to date on shots and such, a great deal of effort (a lot of it M has already started) will be going into getting the house in order. Not to mention getting ourselves used to living on a single income. But still, there are enough times while the wife is at a meeting or choir practice that I find myself with a little down time to ponder some of this on my own. While making shrimp dumplings (what's with the food references lately?), I was thinking about - what if we had a Chinese born kid - would I make this for her? Would I have to learn to make tamales if we end up adopting from Guatemala?

So the dumpling making process takes a little while. The dog watched me with great interest (though not begging), but my hands were too messy to snap a picture. She did, however follow me downstairs after I washed my hands and she cleaned up a little dim sum sauce I spilled on the floor (check out the lip smacking). I guess we'll try mole next week and ask Penny which she likes better!


1 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Penny! Aunt Janie loves you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home